Monday 23 November 2009

The Harmony Processor

It appears there is a bit of confusion amongst my friends as to where the "round bit" goes. (No it doesn't go in my "ear hole"! :P) It is a magnet, and it sits on my head like so:



This headpiece is what connects the external sound processor to the implanted part, which will be surgically positioned beneath the muscle, tissue and skin on the side of my head. The implant looks like this:


The implant (A) is what receives sound information from the external sound processor, converting them into electronic signals and sending them down the electrode array (B), which will be inserted into my cochlear.

I hope this helps make things clearer to understand. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask and I will try my best to answer!


No comments:

Post a Comment